Part of what I love best about being a mom is that is really helps me to slow down and appreciate the little things in life...and sometimes the little things to me are big things to Hannah...while I enjoy Halloween Hannah LOVES it...and it really makes life so much sweeter when I see her having a blast. This year when she went out Trick or Treating with Derek they returned about a minute after they left...she said she didn't want to go. So I asked if I could come and we would go as a family...she said yes and we headed out leaving Nanny to dish out the candy at our house. We went to about five houses and her head stay nestled on Derek's shoulder...but every time we would leave a house I'd say, "Okay Hannah, let's go home." She'd quickly reply "One more house mom." After the five houses, we went home to dress a little warmer. I told her that now I would stay home and she and dad would go out. We practised yelling "Trick or Treat" together and seperately and then they headed out. Before they left she said, "Sometimes I'm scared, mom." I hugged her and said it was fine to be scared. Derek and Hannah went out again and came back nearly 40 minutes later! She asked dad to yell trick or treat with her the first time and then she did it on her own from then on. She teaches me so much, this little 2 -year-old, about being afraid and working through it. I'm so proud of her I could burst! And she's pretty cute too if I do say so myself...
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Just checked out your blog and it is the greatest!! The part that I am having difficulty with is the 4:56 AM post times. It must be a feature of the blog site that they only update at this time, right?!?!
ReplyDeleteI love you guys (wee bit jealous) but clouded right over with loads of love.
Cathy
Sadly, Cath, the times are right...smile...H has been joining me in bed these days and I can't sleep...but I have hopes that she will sleep this week...thanks for the sweet comments...we love you right back...
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful fairy! And a great Momma! So far, you are safe from the lame list!
ReplyDelete